Sale Price: $349.98
Sale Price: $489.98
Sale Price: $249.98
Shop Popular Night Vision Brands
Night Vision: How It Works, and What to Keep in Mind
1. There are two general kinds of night vision. Thermal imaging uses infrared technology, and light amplification uses existing ambient light.
2. Thermal imaging gathers all surrounding infrared light and creates a picture according to the light's temperature patterns. This "thermogram" is then converted and processed into a clear, recognizable image.
3. Light amplification takes all ambient light, such as starlight, moonlight, and infrared light, and converts it into electrical energy and then back into light, allowing you to see in near-total darkness.
4. Night vision binoculars do possess some magnification qualities, but you shouldn't depend on them for extreme distance-viewing or clarity. Their real function is to allow you to see a fair distance in low-lit conditions.
5. Night vision rifle scopes allow for precision and stealth, even in the lowest light conditions. Some models can even shift from day to night vision in seconds.
6. Some advantages to night vision goggles are their small size and typically included head mounts. These allow for maneuverability and portability.
7. Night-vision phosphor screens are colored green because the human eye can differentiate between different shades of green better than any other phosphor color.
8. Night vision goggles and binoculars have uses beyond hunting. Check out Bushnell and others for your security and nature watching needs.
9. ATN night vision products include a superb variety of options including headgear, night vision rifle scopes, and monoculars. Their quality and price point are typically geared toward enthusiasts.
10. For basic night viewing, check out our impressive collection of night vision binoculars. These products employ the same cutting edge technology found in military and police operations.